Thursday, March 1, 2012

First steps


  I have decided to start this blog as a combination plant journal and informative, so people can learn from my mistakes as I go, And just have a peak into the life of someone in the starting stages of urban homesteading.  Just me, my partner Bear, our twins, one mane coon runt cat, and my chicken

Right now I only have the one hen, an Amerucana the waitresses at the family diner affectionately dubbed "Gina".  She loves leftover omelets and hash browns, especially if they have onions in them.  Her home is a large ferret cage in my kitchen until Bear finishes the chicken tractor. 



  She has a bit of a temper and is very territorial of her cage.  It feels like a constant battle to keep the floor swept, as she is fond of kicking bedding out of her cage.


No comments:

Post a Comment