Friday, June 29, 2012

Summer heat

Nothing much to report as of late, too much moisture and an insect of some sort ruined the two tomatoes I had ripening, but there is another fruit developing on the plants now that the rain has calmed down.  Transplanted my big broccoli plants and my elephant garlic bulbs into the front raised beds so that they could get more sun, they seemed to be languishing and not producing in the back yard.  The next day the broccoli looked sad and kind of wilty, so a good early morning watering and setting up sun-shades using sheets and bamboo poles are what I hope will perk them back up


The bucket I had dumped herb seeds into in the off-chance of getting them to grow (I have terrible luck with herbs) seems to be full of life, I may have to move the contents of this ice-cream tub into a larger container soon

No comments:

Post a Comment