Sunday, April 22, 2012

Vandalism, dead trees, and first egg!

 I apologize for the long gap between posts.  There wasn't really anything to report until these past few days.

First we had a problem that the tree in our front yard, which we suspected was dead when we bought the property started to lean.  Lean and lean and lean.  One of Chris' family's contacts came out and took the tree down for us.  Now we have a ton of firewood


The next day, I went out front to weed the garden, as the grass under the raised beds decided it wanted to grow up through the soil, and noticed some of my signs were missing.  I found them laying all over the front yard and even on the sidewalk out front.  along with my rain gauge.  The butternut squash and several other plants had been pulled and left for dead on top of the soil.  I cried.  So much work, down the toilet because some bored kid decided it would be fun to destroy someone's vegetable garden.  Some plants were spared, so I'm grateful for that at least.

And finally, while I was doing dishes this morning and brewing tea for myself, I noticed Gina growling and making a ruckus.  She has a habit of heckling me when I'm in the kitchen so I didn't think much on it outside of how it was odd she was growling instead of her normal complaining sound.  As I passed into the living room, I noticed a little perfect blue egg. 

No comments:

Post a Comment